A joint program of the Society of Ontario Adjudicators and Regulators (SOAR) and Osgoode Professional Development
Learn to run a fair and effective administrative proceeding. Over the course of 5 years, the Certificate has provided hundreds of professionals with the practical skills and legal knowledge they need to perform effectively in the administrative adjudication arena.
Working with real-life fact scenarios, problems and demonstrations, you will acquire a solid foundation in the legal underpinnings of administrative adjudication, develop and refine your adjudication skills, and learn practical strategies for effective hearing management.
What You Will Learn:
- A foundation in the key principles of administrative law
- Learn how to manage a hearing ‒ from start to finish
- The legal and practical requirements for administrative decisions
- Explore the evolving challenges faced by administrative adjudicators
- Discuss common challenges, and successful strategies, with other adjudicators
- Gain insight from experienced adjudicators and leaders in administrative justice
The program culminates with an interactive hearing simulation and guided decision writing exercise, in which you’ll benefit from individualized feedback from recognized experts in the field.
Upcoming attendance options:
Non- Consecutive program (5 days) runs:
January 22, February 6 & 19, March 4 & 28, 2019
Consecutive program (5 days) runs:
May 6 - 10, 2019