Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI): Cultural Competence For Legal Professionals
Obtain your LSO-mandated credit hours in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion--while ensuring that you have the cultural competence skills required to meet the expectations of the public and the profession!
• The relevance of cultural competence to your legal and professional obligations
• Addressing key challenges on the road to equity, diversity and inclusion
• Understanding implicit associations and implicit bias
• Taking culture into account to provide effective legal representation
• Culturally competent interactions with clients, colleagues, students and others in the legal system
• The implications of public perceptions of inaccessibility and lack of representativeness
• Challenges serving marginalized communities, including indigenous peoples
• How to be an ally
• Introduction of a cultural competence checklist for legal professionals
• Identifying realistic and appropriate cultural-competence goals for yourself and your firm or organization
Featuring interactive exercises enabling you to apply what you learn and receive valuable feedback from an expert faculty.