Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of Agreement
Use of the Website
The Website is an online platform that allows employers seeking employees in pursuit of a legal career (an “Employer” individually, or “Employers” collectively) to advertise their employment needs via job postings to job seekers seeking employment in the legal industry (a “Job Seeker” individually, or “Job Seekers” collectively) who may apply for such job postings. NEXT LEGAL JOB IS PRIMARILY AN ADVERTISING FORUM ON WHICH EMPLOYERS MAY ADVERTISE THEIR SERVICES BY POSTING JOB OPPORTUNITIES (THE “JOB POSTINGS”), WHERE JOB SEEKERS MAY APPLY TO SUCH JOB POSTINGS, NEXT LEGAL JOB MAY POST ARTICLES RELATED TO LEGAL CAREER ADVICE (THE “ARTICLES”) AND WHERE USERS MAY VIEW INFORMATION RELATED TO EVENTS AND COURSES HOSTED BY THE LEGAL COMMUNITY AS POSTED BY NEXT LEGAL JOB (THE “EVENT POSTINGS”).
NEXT LEGAL JOB hereby grants You, the User, permission to access and use the Service as set forth in this Agreement, provided that:
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service;
- You agree not to distribute in any medium, any part of the Service or content without NEXT LEGAL JOB’s prior written authorization, unless the means for such distribution are a function of the Service;
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws in using the Services;
- You agree not to upload, distribute or transmit any false, illegal or misleading information or any Content that includes any obscenity, pornography nor violence or any kind;
- You agree not to use the Website for any purpose other than the purpose of recruiting employees, applying to jobs posted on the Website and viewing the Content (collectively, the “Purpose”);
- You agree not to use the Website nor Your account to contact Users for any other purpose than the Purpose nor to offer any services from a third party; and
- You agree to submit accurate and truthful information to the Website.
Editing, Deleting and Modification
NEXT LEGAL JOB reserves the right in its sole discretion to:
- discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time; and
- edit or remove any information on the Website at any time.
Indemnification of NEXT LEGAL JOB
You understand that when using the Service, You will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that NEXT LEGAL JOB and the Website are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, security, or efficacy of or relating to such content.
You further understand and acknowledge that You may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, untruthful, inappropriate, misleading, or objectionable, and You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies that You have or may have against NEXT LEGAL JOB or the Website. Users are responsible for confirming the rates, terms and conditions, information provided and/or obtained from the Website. NEXT LEGAL JOB does not guarantee, warrant or endorse any of the products, services, Content nor information provided by Users (the “User Generated Content”).
NEXT LEGAL JOB IS NOT A PARTY TO THE TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO BETWEEN USERS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE AUTHENTICIY OF THE USER GENERATED CONTENT. JOB SEEKERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ASPECTS OF ENSURING THAT ANY JOB OFFER THEY APPLY TO ARE FIT FOR THEIR PURPOSE. USER AGREES THAT USE OF NEXT LEGAL JOB SERVICE IS AT THE SOLE RISK OF USER AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY NEXT LEGAL JOB, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS NEXT LEGAL JOB LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN USERS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON EMPLOYER SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO THE WEBSITE. NEXT LEGAL JOB WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO USERS FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT FROM USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR WEBSITE.
You agree to indemnify, defend and save NEXT LEGAL JOB, its directors, officers, shareholders, partners, professional representatives, Job Seekers, independent contractors, agents and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from and against all claims of any kind which third parties including any Users have ever had, now have, or may in the future have against You or the NEXT LEGAL JOB by reason of any cause, whether known or unknown, arising from, connected with or in any way related to without limitation (i) any violation of this Agreement; (ii) Your use of the Website; (iii) any violation of any third party right, including with out limitation any applicable mortgage laws and property or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that Your Content caused damage to a third party.
Your right to use the Website is not transferable. Any password or right given a User to obtain access is not transferrable. A User is solely responsible for the activity that occurs on their account, and the User must keep their account password secure. The User must notify us of any breach of security or unauthorized use of the User’s account. The User may be liable for the losses of NEXT LEGAL JOB or others due to any unauthorized use.
NEXT LEGAL JOB may approve the creation of any User account in its discretion. If Your account does not meet the criteria as determined solely by NEXT LEGAL JOB, then the account will not be created and You will not have full access to the Website or its Services. NEXT LEGAL JOB reserves the right to access Your account in order to fix problems with the account.
NEXT LEGAL JOB reserves the right to decide whether any User-Generated Content violates this Agreement or the law for any reason. NEXT LEGAL JOB, may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, edit/remove such Content and/or terminate the User’s account for submitting material in violation of this Agreement or the law. In the event that Your User account is terminated for any reason, all compensation You owe to NEXT LEGAL JOB pursuant to their invoices to You will be immediately due. Upon termination of a User’s account, the User will be prohibited from uploading any additional Content and will be prohibited from creating another account.
Failure of an Employer to pay NEXT LEGAL JOB the compensation owed to it pursuant to invoices for pre-purchased job credits for a period of 120 calendar days from the due date may result in the termination of the Employer’s account in NEXT LEGAL JOB’s sole discretion.
You may also terminate Your account at any time by emailing NEXT LEGAL JOB at INFO@NEXTLEGALJOB.COM indicating Your desire to terminate Your account. Upon receipt of such notification, NEXT LEGAL JOB will suspend Your access to the account. Any ongoing use of the Content will continue until such time as it is completed pursuant to permissions granted by the User. Upon termination, once any outstanding amounts related to the use of the Content are paid and any ancillary agreements related to the use of the Content have been completed, all of Your Content and personal information will be permanently deleted.
NEXT LEGAL JOB may also terminate the User’s account pursuant to the terms of any other agreements between the User and NEXT LEGAL JOB.
(1) THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FROM OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). NEXT LEGAL JOB AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTIES ASSUME NO LIABILITIY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, NEXT LEGAL JOB AND THE AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN NEXT LEGAL JOB AND USER. THIS SITE, SERVICES AND THE CONTENTS WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
(2) NEXT LEGAL JOB AND AFFILIATED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY OR USER AND THE RISK OR HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY ON YOU.
(3) NEXT LEGAL JOB AND AFFILIATED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY EMPLOYMENT LAW DISPUTES WHICH MAY ARISE BETWEEN ANY USERS AND THE RISK OR HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY ON YOU.
Third Party Services
NEXT LEGAL JOB operates an interactive transaction service allowing access to third party merchant sites (“Merchants”) from which NEXT LEGAL JOB users may purchase certain goods or services. User understands that NEXT LEGAL JOB does not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants. Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and customer service. NEXT LEGAL JOB is not a party to the transactions entered into between Users and Merchants. User agrees that use of NEXT LEGAL JOB Service is AT THE SOLE RISK OF USER AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY NEXT LEGAL JOB, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS NEXT LEGAL JOB LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN USERS AND MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO THE NEXT LEGAL JOB SITE. NEXT LEGAL JOB WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO USERS FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT FROM USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE NEXT LEGAL JOB SERVICE.
Third Party Merchant Policies
All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of Merchants will apply to Users while on the Merchants’ sites. NEXT LEGAL JOB is not responsible for information provided by Users to Merchants. Merchant and NEXT LEGAL JOB are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Ontario, Canada, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario, Canada (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action of User with respect to the Website (and/or information, forms and agreements, thereon) must be instituted within SIX (6) MONTHS after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. User expressly submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consents to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a way that is consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. The terms and conditions of any other agreements which Users enter into with NEXT LEGAL JOB in order to have full access to the Website shall take precedence over this Agreement in the event of a conflict or inconsistency. Failure of NEXT LEGAL JOB to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.
Links to Other Web Websites
This site may contain links to other websites including other User’s websites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, or opinions expressed in such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked website does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by us. If You decide to leave our site and access these third party sites, You do so at Your own risk.
You affirm that You are either
- fully able and competent to enter into terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement and agree to abide and comply with this Agreement; or
- a business entity and are fully able and competent to enter into terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement and agree to abide and comply with this Agreement.
Copyrights and Trademarks
The content, organization, gathering, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Website are protected under applicable copyrights, trade marks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by a User of any such content or any part of the Website, except as allowed by this section, is strictly prohibited. The User does not acquire ownership rights to any content or document obtained through the Website unless such content is submitted by the User. The posting of information or materials on the Website does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
All Content and information found and published at the Website is protected by copyright. Other than for the Purpose, Users shall be prohibited from copying Website content for their own personal use and may not republish or reproduce any substantial part of the Website any manner whatsoever, including electronically reproducing this Website by “uploading”, “downloading” or accessing the Website on the Internet or in any other local or international computer system, without the prior written permission of the owner of the Website and NEXT LEGAL JOB. If You require any further information on the permitted use or licence to reproduce or publish any material address Your inquiry to email@example.com. The User does not acquire any ownership rights to any Content on the Website except for those Content contributed by the User.
Any infringement of the NEXT LEGAL JOB’s rights will result in an appropriate legal action. NEXT LEGAL JOB disclaims any and all liability for any consequences which may result from the unauthorized reproduction or use of this Website whatsoever.
The symbols ® and ™ designate Canadian registered trade marks and unregistered trade marks used in Canada respectively.
The copyright in this Website, and in the underlying source HTML files which implement the hypertext features of this Website (the “document set”) is owned by NEXT LEGAL JOB. Any person is authorized to view, reproduce, print and distribute this document set and/or any portion thereof, pursuant to the following conditions:
- this document set may only be used for informational purposes;
- this document set may only be used for non-commercial purposes; and
- any copy of this document set or portion thereof must include this copyright notice.
The viewing or downloading of any content, form or document grants the User only a limited, non-exclusive licence for use solely by the User for the Services and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works or other use. No part of any content, form or document may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for the User’s personal use (but not for resale or redistribution).
You further agree that Content You submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless You have permission from the rightful owner of the material or You are otherwise legally entitled to post the material or You have obtained proper licenses and to grant NEXT LEGAL JOB all of the license rights granted herein.
Copyright GLOUCESTER STREET MEDIA INC. ©2017 All rights reserved.