- Huawei Canada
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years, 4-10 years
In-House Legal Counsel
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to sound operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, devices, and cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products, and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to enabling the future information society, and building a "Better Connected World".
In this position you will share the responsibility and work closely with our current in-house counsel.
Job responsibilities and requirements:
- Provide legal advice and support to various internal teams, including, contracts, new and previous sales, marketing, finance, and operations.
- Experience drafting/interpreting complex and specialized terms and conditions
- Experience analyzing legal risk and compliance of materials and issues
- Comfort working with deadlines
- Ability to review and assess materials efficiently and creatively
- Participate and contribute in meetings with Huawei senior management
Minimum Candidate Requirements/Qualifications:
- You are a practicing member of the Bar of at least one Canadian province
- Having a civil law and common law degree would be considered an asset
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience practicing commercial or transactional law or complex commercial litigation.
- You have excellent legal and business acumen
- You possess strong interpersonal and persuasion skills
- You have strong drafting skills in English, Mandarin skills are an asset
- You have the ability to work flexible, extended and/or irregular working hours in line with business demands, together with an ability to travel
- Perform other duties as required