Reporting to the CFO, the Contracts Specialist will partner with internal business stakeholders and external associates to ensure that contracts, agreements and notices are favorably negotiated, reviewed and entered into within established timelines. The Contracts Specialist will ensure; the companies’ best interests are represented and negotiated, risks mitigated and compliance is achieved by applying legal acumen, best practices and performing appropriate investigations and research.
Our future team member will hold a Bachelor's Degree in business combined with some post-secondary legal studies or certification (e.g. paralegal studies) combined with a minimum of five (5) years of experience performing similar duties as outlines below with Canadian and US exposure:
- Preparing, reviewing, negotiating, and interpreting contracts including but not limited to; commercial service agreements, purchase agreements and confidentiality ensuring business needs and priorities are achieved while minimizing potential risks;
- Read, understand, and analyze standard business and legal terms, identify issues and risks, and suggest potential solutions;
- Authoring contract forms, templates, standard clauses, checklists, guidelines, and policies;
- Coordinating and processing information and responses from stakeholders;
- Building and maintaining a contracts database to store/retrieve contracts, track contract status and milestones, and report on upcoming contract renewals or expirations;
- Providing training and guidance to business partners regarding the contract review and approval process, contracts management, and potential risks; and
- Participating in and assisting with the resolution of contract disputes and claims.
TRAVEL: This position may require periodic travel within North America.
Similar searches: Paralegal