- Edward Jones
- Mississauga, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Financial Services
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
- Under general supervision, responsible for providing strategic advice to the firm and its affiliates on a wide variety of legal issues and projects.
- Responsible for conducting timely, thorough and professional investigations of client concerns in a manner consistent with the firm's culture, values, policies and procedures.
- Uses sound judgment to identify and assess potential liability to the firm, its affiliates, and its associates.
- Analyzing correspondence received from various parties (clients, lawyers, regulatory agencies, authorized individuals, etc.) to identify complaints, assess risk, and determine appropriate response to same.
- Providing a thorough, professional written and/or verbal response to complainants explaining complex matters in an understandable fashion and conveying the firm's position in a logical, substantiated manner.
- Communicating settlement offers and/or proposing and taking corrective action based on the findings of an investigation.