Small size law office located in Owen Sound, and Port Elgin, ON looking for a family and real estate lawyer to practice in Grey, Bruce and Huron counties (courts located at Owen Sound, Walkerton, and Goderich). Family cases include custody and access cases; child protection; divorce and all facets of matrimonial and common law spousal issues.
Compensation: to be discussed. You don't have to share in the expenses. Firm will be willing to pay for your annual insurance and law society fees.
- Experience in all facets of family law including on custody, access, complex matrimonial issues (involving property issues), separation agreements; with specific experience on motions, conferences and with preferable 1 or 2 full trial experience of complex matrimonial cases.
- Ability to travel to other court houses as required.
- Experience on or ability to quickly learn child protection cases.
- Ability to work hard, manage heavy work load and responsibilities with a smile.
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate and reach settlements as far as possible.
- Mature personality, with ability to get along with other colleagues in the Bar and at the office and to work in a professional, and collegial manner within and outside of the office.
- Ideal candidate will have some experience in real estate law.
- Some experience with criminal law or ability to be open to learning criminal law.
- Interest in and ability to learn new areas of law.
- Previous panel experience as a Legal Aid lawyer and any duty counsel work would be welcome.
- Graduate from a law school in Canada.
- Please apply only if you are a lawyer licensed to practice in Ontario. Please send a covering letter by email using the Apply button.
In the covering letter, please describe how you meet the essential criteria and any or all of the preferred criteria set out above with specific examples.
- In your email, please also include:
- A full resume;
- An original writing sample (brief, factum etc).
- The contact details of 3 professional referees.
All applications will be kept confidential and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.