Senior Counsel - Legal Services
- Telus Communications
- Montreal or Vancouver
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Are you ready to create better business outcomes with your analytical acumen and creativity?
TELUS Legal Services is responsible for providing support to the TELUS group of companies. Our mission is to deliver world-class, innovative, and timely legal solutions with business acumen, aligned with TELUS’ strategic imperatives.
Legal Services at TELUS stands for delivering world class service, being innovative, and providing timely legal solutions with a high level of strategic and thoughtful business acumen that aligns with TELUS’ strategic imperatives. TELUS’ legal team partners with the business to create a future friendly legal experience and displays curiosity, industry and sector knowledge, and questions the status quo for continuous improvement of business practices and processes.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a business oriented commercial lawyer with health law expertise, you will support TELUS Health’s activities, including the recently acquired Medisys Health Group, a leading provider of preventive healthcare and wellness services for workplaces across Canada. As a successful candidate, you will be engaged in a variety of legal matters complex technology and procurement agreements and advising on new product launches. You will also provide advice on privacy and health related regulations, in service of positively impacting the health outcomes of Canadians.
- Strengthening relationships with key stakeholders and sophisticated clients by cultivating a deep understanding of their business and providing proactive, solution-oriented advice
- Striving continuously to advance legal and business practices by driving new approaches and process improvements while balancing a high volume of client matters in a timely and effective manner
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Respected for your legal skills, business acumen, initiative, creativity, learning-oriented mindset and collaborative style
- Known for your strength in drafting and negotiating
- Confident at engaging and interacting with sophisticated stakeholders, internally and externally
- Noted for your ability to effectively communicate legal advice (including written English & French) to diverse range of stakeholders
- Recognized for your record of successfully managing multiple, concurrent files and priorities and delivering on commitments
- Called 5 or more years ago to the Bar
- Bilingualism in English & French (both written and oral)
- Member in good standing with the Bar of Québec and the Law Society of British Columbia or Ontario
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.