- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Business Law, Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
We are currently seeking a Corporate Counsel to join our dedicated team and provide a wide range of commercial and operational support in all areas of commercial and corporate law. This position will work closely with all stakeholders across the company, ensuring that the intent and goals of all agreements are legally and commercially sound, documented and finalized.
To serve as Terramera’s dedicated, in-house counsel, providing a wide range of legal protection and services to the company in all areas of commercial and corporate law. To also provide support for intellectual property law and corporate governance matters as required.
- Provide legal support to stakeholders throughout the development, manufacturing, commercialization and customer success processes;
- Draft, review and advise on variance operational and commercial agreements, including supplier, services, consulting, professional services and leasing agreements;
- Play a key role in the protection and commercialization of the Company’s intellectual property, including the negotiation and drafting of confidentiality, field testing, product development and collaboration agreements;
- Lead and support the negotiation and documentation of various commercial and strategic transactions, including acquisitions, financings and licensing opportunities;
- Manage the maintenance of minute books and other corporate records for the parent company and subsidiaries, as well as oversee corporate governance filings;
- Keep current in your practice and proactively act on legal matters that impact the business;
- Maintain and manage up-to-date repository of all legal agreements and obligations; and
- Liaise and develop effective relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, providing input on legal matters involving short and long-term strategic importance.
- JD/LLB from an accredited law school and active member in good standing of the Bar;
- 5+ years of commercial/business law experience, including general counselling experience in a business environment;
- Proven finance/private equity and M&A experience;
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labour law, etc.);
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations;
- Well-versed in how businesses operate with strong financial acumen;
- Ability to stay abreast of changing legal landscape and applicable laws;
- Effective analytical skills to balance pragmatic problem-solving with risk management;
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills; and
- Excellent judgement, attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong, balanced negotiator and legal strategist who can find solutions that meet both legal and operational objectives;
- Exceptional communication skills to explain and advocate Terramera’s position to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Intellectual curiosity with passion and integrity;
- Strong work ethic with matching strength in teamwork;
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another;
- Thrives in an environment where you need to roll-up your sleeves and own outcomes;
- Ability to strike sensible and practical balance between legal risks and the need to do business;
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high activity environment with smart and creative people;
- Strong ability to influence, provide point of view and listen;
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives; and
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- Vancouver, BC
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is the leader in plant intelligence with a mission of doubling food production without using synthetic chemical pesticides or fertilizers. Terramera uses technology to unlock the power in nature, so we can live healthier, make clean food affordable and feed the world. We are committed to cultivating safe, healthy homes and environments, and developing highly effective natural products for consumers and farmers.
Our goals are big, hairy and audacious. We’re striving to reduce the use of toxic chemical pesticides by 80%, help increase global food production by 20% and positively impact a billion people by 2028. Our Actigate™ Targeted Performance Technology makes organic inputs up to 10 times more effective by enabling farmers to reduce the use of pesticides by 90%; increasing crop quality and marketable yields by 70%; and significantly reducing the risk of crop loss or damage, allowing for organic parity to synthetic pesticides.
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com