Junior Legal Counsel
- Element AI
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the Junior Legal Counsel will be responsible for negotiating agreements for everyday needs, clearing rights and maintaining books and records up to date. The ideal candidate will be meticulous, detail-oriented, passionate about learning the subtleties of AI and dedicated to supporting the legal team, currently composed of three lawyers, long-term.
What you'll do:
- Review and negotiate inbound agreements such as service providers, events and sponsorship contracts;
- Review, negotiate and coordinate non-disclosure agreements;
- Clear rights for content to be used in publications and social media;
- Prepare and organize various corporate documentation including minutes, resolutions and option subscriptions;
- Project management of contracts in development;
- Participate in various committees (ex. OQLF);
- Perform research on various legal topics, such as IP and competition law for the legal and government relations teams;
- Draft and oversee policies to ensure laws and best practices are maintained;
- Communicate and run various trainings and office hours for internal clients;
- Provide ongoing recommendations for process and tooling improvements, maintain a continuous improvement focus;
- Input and maintain critical contract data, specifically following full contract execution;
- Prepare and optimize presentations and other documents;
- Translate and correct various documentation.
We want you to join because you:
- Are member of the Bar of Quebec;
- Have 1 - 3 years experience in corporate or commercial law in a corporation or law firm;
- Has strong academic credentials;
- Has the capacity to draft and review contractual agreements;
- Are perfectly bilingual, written and spoken (English & French);
- Has strong organizational skills;
- Has attention to detail and accuracy;
- Shows initiative to work independently and manage multiple priorities;
- Has very good written communication skills.
What we offer for your valuable work:
- Highly dynamic, innovative, passionate, intrapreneurial team;
- Open and inclusive company culture;
- Participation in company employee benefits program;
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.