- The Canadian Institute
- Toronto, ON (Near Bay and Bloor)
- Lawyer - Other, Legal Researcher, Legal Writer
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Are you an experienced attorney bored with the monotony of law firm life and looking for an alternative legal career? Are you intelligent, resourceful, highly motivated and eager to succeed? Do you enjoy the challenge of new ideas? Do you enjoy research and learning more about new and emerging business trends? Can you write well and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior executives? Would you like to be part of an organization that operates more like a think tank as opposed to a firm? If so, then The Canadian Institute (CI) may be the right career move for you.
CI, a highly respected conference company, is seeking a Conference Producer to research, develop and execute continuing educational events for lawyers and senior-level corporate/business executives. The ideal candidates will be energetic, enthusiastic, and quick learners who possess excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities. We’re looking for employees who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, where you’ll be able to learn a lot and make a major contribution.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Conducting telephone and in person research within a target market to develop conference agendas;
- Analyzing research and using critical thinking to develop commercial conference programs in various business and legal sectors that meet the stated needs of the market;
- Identifying, inviting and confirming appropriate speakers for conferences;
- Writing marketing copy for promotional conference brochures and other mailing pieces;
- Conducting ongoing research within an assigned area to further your industry knowledge and develop potential new conference ideas;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key professionals, industry leaders, senior executives and media within relevant vertical markets;
- Attending and overseeing conferences, including providing opening introduction;
- Conceptual ability to rapidly develop competent knowledge on diverse topics;
- Ability to conduct in-depth research via telephone, in person and using print and electronic media;
- Excellent networking and information gathering abilities,
- Good listening skills, superior oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization;
- Ability to break down complex concepts, make logical comparisons and identify underlying patterns and connections;
- Engaging, professional and diplomatic demeanor with a customer service focus
- Time and priority management skills are necessary to complete work within established timeframes as the job is very deadline and results oriented;
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Creativity, resourcefulness and an innovative approach;
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced Degree, such as JD or MBA preferred;
- At least 2 years business/law firm experience;
- Skill and experience using word processing programs, email and the internet to perform daily job functions efficiently;
- Working knowledge of French or another language is a plus;
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (10% travel).
Interested in joining the team? If so, please submit your resume to email@example.com using the Apply button.