Real Estate - Paralegal
TFI International Inc. is a North American leader in transportation and logistics across Canada, the United States and Mexico through its subsidiaries. TFI creates value for its shareholders by identifying strategic acquisitions and managing a growing network of wholly-owned subsidiaries. These subsidiaries benefit from TFI's financial and operational resources to grow their businesses and improve their efficiency. TFI companies are engaged in the following transportation activities:
• Package and Courier;
• Logistics and Last Mile;
TFI International is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TFII) and OTCQX in the United States (OTCQX: TFIFF).
We are currently looking for a Paralegal who will join the real estate Legal department. of the Real Estate division. The candidate will work closely with and report directly to the Real Estate Legal Director. (lawyer).
• Draft the Lease Agreements (as Landlord and Tenant) and other Agreements (including renewals, amendments, subleases, assignments, license agreements (parking), etc…).
• Send Agreements for signature to the LL or Tenant
• Do follow-ups for signature up on same
• Process signed documents and send to the internal Lease Administrator
• Lease publication/Registration
• Conduct various legal and title searches
• Prepare various notices and legal letters to Landlords, Tenants and other parties
• Prepare/review listing / brokerage agreements
• Assist during share purchase transactions, assist in the due diligence process and prepare the Lease Summary report to be used by all parties.
• Work with Real Estate Legal Director (lawyer) on all other legal matters, tasks, legal counselling and various agreements
• Generally participate in the departments various functions, such as keeping Legal’s priority list updated.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to the Human Resources Department using the Apply button.