- SNC Lavalin
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Construction Law, Corporate/Commercial Law, Litigation
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
SNC Lavalin Legal Department is seeking experienced Legal Counsel to join its team. This position will report to the Director, Litigation and Integrity.
As a Legal Counsel you will have responsibility to handle and manage litigation for various business units and corporate functions of SNC-Lavalin and also to support the Integrity department.
- Work with management and internal/external counsel on a significant volume of litigation matters;
- Draft legal documents, conduct legal research, prepare motion papers and pleadings, analyze civil complaints as required;
- Prepare case management reports, provide legal advice manage outside counsel, and liaison with regulatory authorities;
- Support the company’s response to government inquiries and investigations, as well as provide counsel in connection with internal investigations related to possible litigation or for purposes of identifying, preventing or mitigating legal liabilities;
- Support the Director, Integrity and Litigation on all legal aspects related to corporate or ethics and compliance initiatives, issues and recommendations;
- Provide E&C related legal advice on topics such as anti-bribery, fraud, government procurement and antitrust:
- Provide day to day support to internal clients on a wide range of litigation related issues, including interpreting policies and procedures and evaluating company initiatives to minimize litigation risks for the company:
- Analyze and prepare responses to Access to information requests;
- Provide support to SNC-Lavalin’s business units and collaborate with other lawyers handling litigation around the world.
- Advises business clients on risk avoidance and litigation prevention
- Work with SNC-Lavalin Risk and Insurance group to manage liability claims;
- Support Legal Operations team for the reporting structure of litigation matters and liaise with internal and external auditors.
- Member of at least one Bar association of a Canadian province
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience in litigation, corporate commercial and/or construction law in a corporate and/or law firm environment
- Bilingual (English/French); knowledge of Spanish an asset
- Proven experience developing and maintaining internal and external client relationships
- Demonstrable availability to travel all over Canada
- Proven ability to work as part of a team in a multidisciplinary environment
- Highly developed business sense
- A good communicator with a methodical, flexible and dynamic approach
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.