- Onni Group
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, General Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, Canada with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, Seattle and Toronto. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented Lawyer with at least 5 years experience to join the team in Vancouver as General Counsel.
We are looking for an ambitious, business minded and legal team leader to grow with us. This role will lead the legal team and be a key advisor to management on real estate & legal matters across our portfolio and locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Executive management of a legal team of 5 personnel, including providing strategic planning over the department, assigning duties and files, reviewing progress and providing guidance as necessary
- Provide in-house advisory role on business matters from both a legal perspective and business perspective. Ability to apply solid business acumen and judgement to legal matters as they arise.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal agreements covering real estate acquisition, development, financing, construction, leasing and sales in addition to corporate matters
- Provide legal support to other functional areas (e.g., risk, corporate matters, leasing, sales & marketing, construction, & development)
- The successful candidate will report directly to Senior Leadership and have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the business across multiple jurisdictions within Canada and assist in the USA legal matters as required.
- Must be admitted to the British Columbia bar
- Must have 5+ years post-call experience gained in a law firm and/or in-house
- Must have prior Real Estate industry experience
- Strong executive leadership coupled with business judgement
Please note that we offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and programs to continuously develop and recognize employees.
All interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.