Our growing Ottawa office is looking to add a Patent Agent to our Electrical & Mechanical Patent practice group. In this role, you will work closely with world-class leaders in IP helping our team create business value by managing, protecting and leveraging our clients’ IP assets. The right candidate will find many opportunities to learn and grow within our firm.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or PhD degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering
- A registered Canadian Patent Agent
It would be an asset, but not essential, to have:
- a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA), other business degree, or business experience
- an LLB
The ideal candidate:
- understands the importance of exceptional client service and delivering client results
- exhibits business acumen and a propensity to further develop it
- sees the big picture and analyzes opportunities or problems thoroughly and capably
- applies business and technical skills to develop practical value-adding solutions and advice to clients
- can write and speak clearly and effectively in English and French
- is creative and willing to propose and try new approaches
- is personable, energetic and enthusiastic
- is interested in becoming a strategic advisor
Located in the heart of downtown, close to transit and amenities, Smart & Biggar offers a comprehensive total rewards package including:
- A competitive compensation structure based on transparency, clarity and fairness
- A flexible benefits program
- Personal days to help balance personal and professional commitments
- Employee referral program
Smart & Biggar is a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN), working to promote diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion in our firms and the broader legal profession. We welcome application from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Smart & Biggar is proud to have been selected as a 2018 winner of the National Capital Region Top Employer Award. Find out why!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.