- Enghouse Systems
- Markham, ON
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Information Technology Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- College diploma
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Enghouse is looking for a mid-level to senior, paralegal/contracts administrator to join the Enghouse legal team, based in Markham, Canada. The Enghouse Legal team provides legal and compliance guidance and support to internal customers across the global Enghouse business and partners with Enghouse business stakeholders to negotiate commercial agreements.
You will be part of a small, global team of highly experienced and commercially minded legal professionals who touch on all aspects of the business, allowing the right candidate to have exposure to wide-ranging legal (IP, immigration, contracts, employment, data privacy, collections) and compliance matters.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist with a wide range of customer and vendor agreements, including NDAs, Reseller and Customer agreements, licensing terms, SaaS agreements etc.
- Involvement in the contract whole life cycle, including dealing with initial contact, preparation and sending of template document, negotiation and finalization - QC, formatting, preparing executable copies etc; and requisite internal distribution
- Assist with template review activities to ensure standard documents are up to date with current legislation across various jurisdictions (notably UK, EU and US.)
- Liaising with other internal departments (Sales Operations) on contract queries, request for contract copies and any other ad hoc tasks in relation to the contract process.
- Preparing other types of contracts as and when required.
- Assist with day-to-day management and administration of the company’s ISO accreditations.
- Assist with activities related to compliance obligations, audits, assessments and accreditations.
- Liaise with internal teams to follow-up on actions.
- Act as a point of contact for external consultants and auditing bodies.
General Legal Support:
- Assisting with various administrative and due diligence activities for various company acquisitions across North America and LATAM.
- Provide ad hoc support as and when required to the Legal and HR directors and wider Legal and HR teams, across Europe, the US and globally.
- Assist with various data protection matters
- Assisting with drafting and updating of company policies.
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years’ prior experience in commercial, technology sector contract review and negotiation (particularly in cross-cultural, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional contracts). Experience working in the IT sector is required. You should be pro-active with a can-do attitude and ability to work well under pressure and proactively manage workload. You must have the ability to work well in a team but to also have the initiative to work alone. You should be able to demonstrate how your strong communication and networking skills have allowed you to develop good, effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
We are an Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Enghouse Systems is an equal opportunity employer.