Director of Global Compliance
- ATS Automation
- Cambridge, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, Lawyer - Other
- Area of Practice
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation combines with an uncompromised commitment to quality. Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future!
ATS is an industry-leading automation solutions provider to many of the world's most successful companies. ATS uses its extensive knowledge base and global capabilities in custom automation, repeat automation, automation products and value-added services including pre-automation and after-sales services to address the sophisticated manufacturing automation systems and service needs of multinational customers in markets such as life sciences, chemicals, consumer products, electronics, food, beverage, transportation, energy, and oil and gas.
Our Corporate Legal team is looking for a Director of Global Compliance, where the successful candidate will be responsible for ATS’ global compliance program.
- The role focuses on compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in all jurisdictions in which ATS and its subsidiaries operate. The compliance program addresses identification of applicable laws, policy development and maintenance, education, monitoring, corrective actions, and continuous improvement.
- Areas of focus include laws addressing trade, privacy, health and safety, environment, anti-bribery, competition, business licensing, and those laws specific to ATS products.
- You will provide strategic direction and technical expertise and support to ATS operations in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia.
- This role will liaise with the relevant regulatory bodies on related regulatory issues and act as the Company point of contact for all government filings, audits, and disclosures.
- With respect to trade, this role will assist business units in identifying opportunities to minimize or avoid payment of duties in cross-border transactions, through duty drawback and tariff preference programs. The Director will be involved with Customs Broker activities worldwide.
- You will assist other members of the ATS Legal Department in the drafting of various customer, supplier and third party contracts as they pertain to trade and compliance issues and assist in the due diligence procedures on all M&A activity.
- As part of the continuous improvement/reporting function, you will ensure appropriate tools are in place on a global basis for comprehensive tracking and reporting of appropriate compliance metrics.
An LL.B. and licensed to practice law in Ontario.
In-depth knowledge of laws and regulations relating to trade in U.S. and Canada and working knowledge of laws in Europe and Asia. Ability to interpret government regulations with a good understanding of technical
A strategic thinker with strong Leadership and Project Management skills.
Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to influence others through demonstrated expertise. Ability to work effectively in a dynamic global team environment with minimal supervision.
Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
Ability to develop and conduct training and to make presentations to large groups to global audiences on compliance issues.
Proficient PC skills.
Why join ATS?
•Be part of a collegial and collaborative team of 10+ lawyers and a public company with plans for significant growth.
Challenging and interesting work.
Interact with customers across the globe.
Comprehensive benefits (including health, dental, employer RRSP match program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan Eligibility, and employee assistance program)
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
ATS Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.