- Montreal, QC
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Business Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years, 4-10 years
Genetec is a global leader in the physical security industry and a provider of IP video surveillance, access control and automatic license plate recognition. These solutions are used in various industries, including City-Wide Surveillance, Education, Gaming, Law Enforcement, Parking Enforcement, Retail and Public Transportation. The company's headquarters are located in Montreal, and it has offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Due to Genetec's strong growth, its legal service is looking to hire a legal counsel. Under the supervision of one of the group’s lawyers, the legal counsel will participate in a wide range of projects in a highly dynamic environment.
• Write and participate in the negotiation of a wide range of contracts with clients, suppliers, strategic partners, etc.
• Take part in responding to calls for tenders by reviewing contract conditions
• Provide legal advice on a variety of topics
• Identify and ensure the company's compliance with the legal framework applicable in Canada and internationally
• Provide legal advice in the event of claims or disputes
• Oversee work delegated to external firms
• Provide employees with training on legal matters
• Member of the Quebec Bar
• 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in business law
• Bilingual (French and English) spoken and written
• Knowledge of business practices and the legislative framework applicable to the software and computer hardware industry considered an asset
• Knowledge of legal framework applicable to Canadian businesses operating internationally considered an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
• Customer service skills
• Good organizational skills and ability to work within tight deadlines
• Dynamic, independent and takes initiative
• Good business sense
We would like to thank all potential candidates in advance, however, we will only contact those selected for an interview.