Senior Counsel, Procurement
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
What is the opportunity?
The Senior Counsel, Procurement provides leadership and proactive, solutions-oriented legal advice and counsel to the RBC Global Procurement Team, and to the businesses and functions of RBC in connection with outsourcing, non-outsourcing, and inter-affiliate services arrangements. Additionally, the successful candidate would be expected to participate in special procurement projects and to provide transactional support on significant initiatives with a Canadian or a global impact. The successful candidate will have a strong background in contract law and can demonstrate a high level of proficiency in contract drafting.
What will you do?
- Identify, assess and manage legal risk relating to procurement, outsourcing, information technology and other contractual issues.
- Negotiate, review and advise on third-party outsourcing and non-outsourcing arrangements, including inter-affiliate agreements and other related legal matters.
- Deliver sound, creative and cost-effective legal advice, demonstrating expert knowledge in the areas of outsourcing and contracts.
- Act as a senior procurement counsel on matters of significance to the enterprise.
- Communicate legal risks to business partners related to negotiated provisions in contracts.
- Collaborate with members of the Law Group, and across the enterprise.
What do you need to succeed?
- Graduate of faculty of law and called to the Bar of a Canadian province or territory; membership in applicable law society or bar association
- Minimum 8 years of relevant law experience in procurement, outsourcing, commercial or supplier contracts
- Strong legal knowledge, with a global perspective
• Sound knowledge of RBC businesses, structure, policies and management
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunity to be a valuable member of a critical team
- Significant exposure to stakeholders across multiple businesses
- Interesting, complex work that makes a difference in peoples’ lives
- A collaborative culture that recognizes innovative business ideas
- Access to various programs, resources and technology
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 200 Bay Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 11/22/2018
Req ID: 176713