Labour & Employment Associate
Wickwire Holm is hiring an Associate in its Labour and Employment Practice Group.
Experience in labour and employment law is preferred, but not necessary. We are interested in fit more than experience. We have a great team who are very willing to work with the right lawyer to teach them what they need to know to succeed. The following attributes are required:
- Member in good standing of a provincial bar and eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society;
- A commitment to client service;
- Strong communication and advocacy skills, both oral and written;
- Time management skills (it will be a rare day that you will work on only one file);
- File management skills;
- Flexibility to address client needs as they arise;
- The ability to work collaboratively with others. We work as a team on files and each member of the Practice Group has a role to play;
- The ability to find practical and creative solutions;
- Interested in client development and marketing;
- An ability to travel. We have clients throughout Nova Scotia (and, increasingly, beyond Nova Scotia). Hearings, collective bargaining and other work might require that you travel to our client’s locale.
The ability to work in French is not necessary, but is an asset.
Wickwire Holm encourages its associates to take carriage of files and build relationships with clients early in their careers. If you are interested in joining a dynamic Practice Group doing challenging and rewarding work, please send your resume and cover letter to: