- Sun Life Financial
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Financial Services
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth products and services to individuals and corporate clients. Sun Life Financial and its partners have operations in key markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bermuda.
Sun Life Financial is seeking a lawyer with business acumen and client focus to join our Legal Team and support our growing employee and retiree benefits and savings businesses. These businesses manage $95 billion in group pension and savings plan assets and serve the needs of more than three million Canadians by providing life and health insurance benefits and administrative services.
- The successful candidate will be a strong team player and provide strategic and proactive legal solutions to the management, client facing and administrative teams that serve our plan sponsors and their plan members and retirees across Canada.
- This will involve advice on benefit administration, new product development, including digital and data driven initiatives, negotiation of a variety of contractual arrangements and legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Collaboration, innovation and professional excellence are hallmarks of our culture, and particular importance will be placed on maintaining and enhancing relationships with our business partners.
- The ability to manage competing priorities and to provide legal solutions to business goals will allow the successful candidate to thrive in our fast-paced environment.
- The successful candidate has been called to the Bar of Ontario and practiced for between 3 and 5 years at a financial services entity or law firm providing clients with solutions-oriented legal advice concerning their pensions, benefits or other financial/commercial needs.
- Experience in-house is an asset.
Sun Life Financial has a team of over 100 lawyers in our worldwide organization. This position is based in our new global headquarters at 1 York Street in Toronto.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues.
We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.