Legal Counsel, Compliance and Ethics
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Regulatory
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
CGI is offering a full-time, permanent opportunity for a Legal Counsel, Compliance and Ethics, to join our Corporate Legal team working out of our head office in downtown Montreal. Reporting to the Vice-President, Legal Affairs, the candidate will be responsible for managing the corporate compliance and related activities of the Corporate Legal team and coordinating these functions with our worldwide team members.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Custodian of corporate compliance with respect to laws, regulations and administrative requirements
• Manage and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of appropriate systems of compliance
• Update and maintain compliance and governance policies to ensure they are properly communicated and respected
• Manage member training activities in respect of compliance and governance policies
• Provide advice on compliance and governance issues as required
• Manage ethics reporting processes and act as compliance and governance liaison for CGI members and to respond to client and third party compliance and ethics inquiries.
• Manage matters relating to the Operations Management Framework, CGI’s framework for the delegation of authority
• Provide legal support in respect of corporate social responsibility matters
• Other duties, relevant to the position, to be assigned as required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Member of the bar for at least 3 years, preferably with corporate or regulatory law experience
• Prior in-house experience in corporate compliance, preferably in a publicly listed company with international operations
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
• Highly motivated with strong customer service orientation
• Strong team player
• Excellent English and French communication skills, both verbal and written.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs