Assistant(e) juridique | Legal Assistant
Element AI is one of the world’s largest applied artificial intelligence companies and one of Canada’s fastest growing startups. We constantly push the frontier of knowledge, tackling the world's biggest and most interesting challenges in artificial intelligence, machine learning and operations research.
As a Legal Assistant you will support its growing in-house legal team, currently composed of four lawyers. The Legal Assistant will have a key role in helping the team structure its document management systems and workflow.
What you'll do:
- Establish and maintain document management systems;
- Assist in the preparation and formatting of various documents;
- Follow up internally and externally for various documentation
- Help maintain the corporation’s minute books and ledgers;
- Attend certain meetings and take notes;
- Manage deadlines and delays;
- Assist with various administrative tasks as required (including travel planning).
We want you to join because you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a law firm or legal department;
- Are rigorous, curious and thorough;
- Have strong computer skills (a bit tech-savvy);
- Are bilingual (French and English);
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
What we offer for your valuable work:
- Highly dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team;
- Open and inclusive company culture;
- Participation in company employee benefits program;
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.