Conseiller(ère) juridique | Legal Counsel
- Element AI
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Element AI is one of the world’s largest applied artificial intelligence companies and one of Canada’s fastest growing startups. We constantly push the frontier of knowledge, tackling the world's biggest and most interesting challenges in artificial intelligence, machine learning and operations research.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for negotiating agreements for everyday needs. The ideal candidate will be meticulous, detail-oriented and have solid experience in negotiating sourcing and procurement agreements.
What you'll do:
- Review and negotiate inbound agreements such as IT systems, service providers, events and sponsorship contracts;
- Review, negotiate and coordinate non-disclosure agreements;
- Provide on-going recommendations for process and tooling improvements, maintain a continuous improvement focus;
- Input and maintain critical contract data, specifically following full contract execution;
- Manage internal document management systems and draft templates.
We want you to join because you:
- Have 4+ years experience in corporate or commercial law in a firm or in-house;
- Are a member of the Bar of Quebec;
- Have attention to detail and accuracy;
- Are perfectly bilingual, written and spoken (English & French);
- Have strong organizational skills;
- Have very good written communication skills.
What we offer for your valuable work:
- Excellent work-life balance (no overtime will be expected);
- Open and inclusive company culture;
- Participation in company employee benefits program;
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.