At Vancouver Career College, we offer quality education to those wishing to pursue a career in healthcare, business, trades, education, art and design, and legal. Vancouver Career College prides itself on changing lives through education by helping students achieve their personal and academic goals. We are happy to say that we are looking for an experienced and licensed Paralegal to join our Instructor team!
The purpose of the Instructor is to lead and contribute to the academic success of students and to the success of the College in achieving its statement of purpose. Under general direction, the Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction and facilitating student learning according to the prescribed curriculum.
Specifically, the Instructor will be responsible for:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Evaluating student performance fairly and consistently
- Contributing to the development of curriculum and instructional materials
- Supporting the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College standards
- Participating in College and Program Activities
- Monitoring and reviewing students during practicum and/or clinical placements, as program requires
To be successful in the Instructor position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline.
- Two or more years' experience in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A credential in adult education or in progress from an accredited post-secondary institution, and/or teaching experience is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Interest in pedagogical and multi-modal education approaches an asset.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- High standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff.
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of students, to provide feedback and treat students equitably.
- Learn and use technology to enhance the student learning experience.