Judicial Assistant (Legal)
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request special accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Only applications submitted via this portal will be accepted. Applicants are not required to submit a cover letter. Instead, they are required to answer screening questions and provide the requested information through the Public Service Resourcing System (PSRS) online portal. As such, applicants must clearly demonstrate with specific and concrete examples, in their answers, how they meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential qualifications. Candidates will not be solicited for incomplete or missing information, and as such, will be eliminated from the selection process.
While the Courts Administration Service pays their employees through Phoenix, we have in-house Compensation services which include direct access to a Compensation Advisor in Ottawa for timely resolution of any pay issues that arise.
1. Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
2. You will be required to show how you demonstrate the essential qualifications (i.e. Education, Experience and/or Occupational Certification) for the initial screening through your résumé and in answering online screening questions. It is NOT sufficient to only state that the qualifications are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Rather you must clearly demonstrate HOW, WHEN, and WHERE the qualification was met through substantiation by examples. Information on your described skills, experience, etc. provided in the screening questions should be supported by your résumé. Failure to provide the above information in the format required may result in your application being rejected from the process.
3. If you do not fully complete the screening questions as instructed, you may be screened out.
4. A random or top down selection of candidates may be used in the determination of those to be given further consideration in the assessment process.
5. Asset qualifications may be applied in this selection process.
6. Please identify clearly your substantive group and level and your employment status on your résumé and/or application form (if applicable).
7. Please ensure that your Personal Record Identifier (PRI) is included in your application (if applicable).
You will be called upon to provide executive, administrative and legal support services, as well as office management services, to one or more Judges or Prothonotaries of the Federal Court. The duties include, but are not limited to:
• managing and coordinating the assignment schedule and agenda;
• providing logistical support and making travel and hospitality arrangements;
• planning, organizing and implementing arrangements for the appointments and attendance at meetings, committees and seminars;
• monitoring and submitting incidental, travel, and conference allowance claims in accordance with the applicable policy, directives and guidelines; and
• preparing, proofreading, editing and formatting legal and administrative documents.
The Courts Administration Service (CAS) provides services to the Federal Court of Appeal, the Federal Court, the Court Martial Appeal Court of Canada and the Tax Court of Canada.
The CAS’s mission is to provide timely and accurate registry, judicial and corporate services to the four superior courts and to their clients in the most innovative and effective manner, while promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging employees’ ongoing contribution to service delivery excellence. Join our team in a work environment that fosters creativity and new ideas to improve our business practices and the quality of our services. *Supporting the delivery of justice for all Canadians*
Intent of the process
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Conditions of employment
Similar searches: Legal Assistant