Stand apart and build a career with greater purpose. Slater Vecchio is currently recruiting for a Mediations Coordinator for our office in downtown Vancouver. We’re seeking top-notch professionals who are dedicated to helping people overcome major life challenges. The work is challenging, but the rewards are great.
Joining us means becoming part of the only firm in British Columbia named to Canadian Lawyer’s Top 10 list of personal injury law firms. We offer clients a personalized service and it’s our people who make the difference. That’s why we invest in our people – top-level compensation, great benefits, training opportunities, the latest technology, a beautiful workspace, a forward-thinking culture, and amazing teammates. Working at Slater Vecchio is like no other firm.
Our mission is to help people who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents or harmed by hazardous or defective products and unsafe environments pull through complex and difficult life and legal challenges. Our goal is to help them with their recovery and secure their futures. And our people make that happen.
Want to join us as a Mediations Coordinator? We’re looking for a talented individual who is an excellent writer, detail-orientated and can work under pressure. That means being accurate and efficient in your work while juggling multiple demands.
The work is challenging, but our office environment isn’t. Slater Vecchio prides itself on a collaborative, energetic, client-focused culture where employees are valued, celebrated, and provided ample room to grow. Teamwork is at the core of what we do, so you’ll be working closely with great group of like-minded professionals, helping with an array of legal administrative duties.
Looking to make a difference in people’s lives and in your career? Apply today!
Here’s what the ideal candidate brings:
- Previous experience writing mediation summaries and settlement proposals
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Highly proficient in MS Office products specifically MS Word;
- Analytical capability to evaluate information; and
- Strong time/project management and organization skills and the ability to remain flexible and effective under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Undergraduate degree in English or Communications;
- Three to five years of experience working in a personal injury firm; and,
- A degree, certificate, or diploma from a recognized Paralegal program.
Do you speak other languages? Please specify language abilities in your application!
Slater Vecchio is committed to career growth and training opportunities for all employees.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and covering letter to:
Donna Embree, B.A., B.Ed., CPHR
Director of Human Resources & Operations