Tax Planning Practitioner - Lawyer or Accountant
Assante Private Client, a subsidiary of CI Private Counsel LP and a CI Financial Company, provides wealth management advisory services and portfolio management exclusively through a national network of financial advisors. Focusing on high net worth individuals and families, the professionals at Assante Private Client offer tax, estate, financial and risk management planning services to our clients, helping them simplify and enhance their lives.
POSITION: Tax Planning Practitioner – Lawyer or Accountant
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB or Toronto, ON
We are currently recruiting for an experienced tax lawyer or tax accountant with in-depth planning knowledge for the position of Wealth Planning Consultant (Tax).
Based in Winnipeg or Toronto, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing advice and strategies to existing clients of our financial advisors, primarily through the preparation of technical written client reports. Many of our clients are business owners and high net worth individuals. Our niche is in the provision of comprehensive wealth planning services. We go far beyond investments and include sophisticated tax and estate planning in our suite of services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Prepare comprehensive technical tax planning reports for clients
- Prepare tax planning memos addressing questions raised by clients and financial advisors
- Respond to tax inquiries from our financial advisors and other corporate personnel
- Communicate with clients’ professional advisors to discuss issues and recommendations
- Prepare research papers and client newsletter articles on tax planning topics
- Train and educate corporate staff and financial advisors on tax planning matters
- Maintain complete confidentiality relating to all client matters
- Maintain professional designations through continuing education and development
- Work with colleagues and the company’s clients in a professional manner, displaying the utmost respect for fellow workers and clients
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A professional legal or accounting designation
- An active membership in a Canadian accounting association or law society
- 3+ years of professional experience specializing in owner-manager corporate and personal tax planning, succession planning and retirement planning strategies (practitioners with more years of experience are welcome to apply)
- Completion of the CPA In-Depth Tax Course, CBA Tax Law for Lawyers program, Master’s Degree in Taxation or equivalent
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Strong analytical skills and technical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, including good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as income tax research software
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our dedication to the Employee Experience at CI is aimed at supporting, empowering and inspiring our talented team through:
- Recognition & Compensation
- Training & Development
- Health & Well-being
- Communication & Feedback
If you are a passionate, committed and dynamic individual, please submit your resume in confidence by clicking “Apply”.
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CI Financial Corp. and all of our affiliates (“CI”) are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations in order to apply for any job opportunities, or require this posting in an additional format, please contact us at email@example.com, or call 416-681-4747. If you are contacted by CI regarding a job opportunity or testing and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please use the above contact information. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.