Legal and Risk Director
- ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Construction Law, Corporate/Commercial Law, P3 Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Legal and Risk Director for our office in Vancouver, BC.
The Legal and Risk Director will provide contractual and risk advice on all aspects of the company’s business in Canada. In particular the Legal and Risk Director will take primary responsibility for developing and negotiating contractual documentation related to major Design and Build Public Private Partnership (PPP) infrastructure projects. The Legal and Risk Director will liaise with and manage the interface with the corporate legal counsel in Madrid, and manage relationships with external Legal Counsel as required.
• Advising on corporate governance and management of legal affairs including external Legal Counsel.
• Development and negotiation of contract documentation for example: Teaming Agreements, JV Contract agreements.
• Liaison with Madrid corporate legal counsel to achieve Corporate Legal agreement.
• Oversee dispute litigation involving company operations.
• Maintain compliance with all relevant statutory legislation.
• Working with functional and team leaders develop, implement and communicate an overall Risk Management Framework for, and across ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada.
• Direct and oversee risk and contractual aspects of Financial Close on P3 projects.
• Provide advice in support of contracts, tenders, procurement and construction.
• Provide advice in relation to bonds, warranties, guarantees and other financial securities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• In-depth understanding of Common Law relating to construction/contracts and commercial transactions within Canada and awareness of international particularities.
• Proven expertise in solving problems and developing innovative strategies to succeed.
• Proactive client relationship management skills.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills in complex and at times adversarial situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple internal and external parties.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results and drive to succeed.
• Ability to manage (plan/organize/prioritize) multiple tasks/priorities.
• A proven contracts "transactor" with demonstrated ability to close the deal.
• Highly effective language, communication and presentation skills.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions, hence individuals, may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
• Law Degree from an accredited institution or similar relevant education and experience within Canada.
• Proven track record of working on large scale construction projects and operations.
• Demonstrated success providing leading-edge advice on Public-Private Partnerships and large infrastructure transactions.
• Strong PPP and infrastructure network with proven ability to contribute to business development.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.