Senior Legal Advisor
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Privacy Law
- Job Type
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Our Legal Affairs team at Head Office is looking for a Senior Legal Advisor to join a major corporation. Quebecor, a Canadian leader in telecommunications, entertainment, news media and culture, is one of the best-performing integrated communications companies in the industry.
A typical day
- Advise internal clients at Quebecor Media subsidiaries on an ongoing basis ;
- Work on various files involving commercial law ;
- Make sure the Corporation is in compliance with privacy legislation ;
- Play an active role in governance issues related to privacy, data protection and cybersecurity.
We are looking for
- Member of the Barreau du Québec ;
- 5 to 8 years of experience, with a background in personal information / privacy ;
- Excellent command of English and French, spoken and written ;
- A self-starter, able to prioritize, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Participation in major projects with stimulating challenges in an exciting and constantly changing environment ;
- A passionate and dynamic team ;
- Full benefits package (group insurance, pension plan, employee discounts, etc.) ;
- A pleasant work environment that supports professional development ;
- Access to a gym ;
- Office in the heart of Old Montréal and close to public transit (RTM trains, Square-Victoria metro, STM buses, Bixi).