Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
***Can be located in either Sherbrooke, QC or Verona, VA***
Primary Purpose of Position:
Discovers and implements solutions that improve the cost, quality, productivity, and other critical operational measurements by utilizing a defined continuous improvement program to manage projects and project teams. Works directly with personnel at all levels of the organization to support accomplishment of the organization’s goals. Help Ball Aerocan Technologies (BAT) plants to find synergies, exchange best practices and develop and implement a Lean Manufacturing improvement plan.
- Works with the plants in defining, creating and documenting an annual lean manufacturing improvement plan during the Budget period.
- Analyzes and defines key priorities for the group and submit proposal, new ideas to the Managing Director.
- Carry out benchmark initiatives between the BAT plants and against the industry standard to define the right measurable objectives.
- Learns and develops new methodologies that improve the success rates of improvement activities in accomplishing the goals of the organization.
- Trains personnel in the continuous improvement program at various skill levels.
- Attends gate review meetings for projects to monitor adherence to continuous improvement program.
- Develops and maintains ongoing tracking of continuous improvement activities in the organization to determine financial impact of improvement activities.
- Participates in and/or leads improvement activities, such as Kaizen events and projects with employees, customers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Ensures appropriate follow-up to improvement activities for continued optimal performance.
- Prepares reports for internal and external customers as required.
- Identifies and incorporates improvement opportunities into the continuous improvement program.
- Coordinates with outside consultants on continuous improvement initiatives and projects, as needed.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Lean 6 sigma, engineering or above degree
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Business principles; legal practices; customer needs and expectations; lean methodology and Six Sigma quality; Kaizen activities; quality standards; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; problem solving; company procedures and products.
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard lean manufacturing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to assure and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Authentic Leadership - Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- People Grower - Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization
- Future Catalyst - Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
Around 75% of travel
Extensive travel may be required to plant locations with potential short term assignments to a specific location.
May provide Relocation for this position
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.