- Smart & Biggar / Fetherstonhaugh
- Lawyer - Private Practice, Patent Agent
- Area of Practice
- Intellectual Property Law, Life Sciences
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- University degree
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
We are seeking a qualified Patent Agent / Lawyer to join our Ottawa patent practice group. In this role, you will work closely with world-class leaders in IP and help our team create business value for our clients by managing, protecting and leveraging their IP assets. The right candidate will find many opportunities to learn and grow within our firm.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Masters or PhD in Chemistry
- Be a Registered Canadian Patent Agent
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in patent drafting and prosecution with domestic and/or international clients
Smart & Biggar offers a comprehensive total rewards package including:
- A competitive compensation structure based on transparency, clarity and fairness
- A flexible benefits program
- Personal days to help balance personal and professional commitments
- Employee referral program.
Smart & Biggar is a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN), working to promote diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion in our firms and the broader legal profession. We welcome application from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Smart & Biggar is proud to have been selected as a 2018 winner of the National Capital Region Top Employer Award. Find out why!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.