- Jonas Software
- Markham, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Located at Jonas Software’s head office in Markham, Ontario and reporting to Jonas’ General Counsel, the Legal Counsel will support Jonas and its portfolio companies in completing acquisitions, negotiating software and technology-related commercial agreements and other related matters. Potential to grow into the role of General Counsel for one of Jonas’ five portfolio groups as the company continues to expand.
- 2-4 years of experience working as a lawyer acquired at a law firm and/or a corporation.
- Relevant M&A and corporate law experience is required. Exposure to technology and technology-related legal work will be considered an asset.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable, business-minded, pragmatic and able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- An undergraduate business degree or MBA will be considered an asset.
About Jonas Software: Jonas Software is one of six operating groups of Constellation Software Inc. (TSX: CSU), a Canadian success story and a component of the S&P/TSX 60 index. Jonas Software operates over 75 independently managed software brands around the world, providing them with the strategic guidance and financial security required to be leaders in their respective markets. From its roots formed in the construction and club management markets, Jonas Software’s reach has grown extensively within the fitness, membership, hospitality and industrial verticals. Today, Jonas Software is proud to supply industry leading enterprise management software and related services to more than 70,000 customers in 20 vertical markets.