- Broadstreet Properties Inc.
- Campbell River, BC
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, General Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Don't let the small town fool you. At Broadstreet we move fast – changing, growing and evolving. Our asset portfolio has grown by over 50% in the last two years and we have no plans to slow down. We work hard to discover new opportunities and creating a new function of the business is just one way.
General Counsel will be responsible for providing timely and accurate legal counsel on a wide array of issues directly pertaining to real estate development, land acquisition, construction and property management industries. The role will ensure compliance with applicable government legislation. General Counsel will further be responsible for the review and preparation of all legal and corporate documentation and other legal and non-legal documents.
- Must be a member in good standing with their local Provincial Law Society (BC, AB, SK, MB)
- Minimum five years of direct work experience in corporate Law (a combination of private practice and in-house experience is preferred)
- Strong knowledge of legal concepts, principles, and terminology
- Thorough understanding of the development industry and applicable legislation
- Strong understanding of legal reference materials, procedures, and legal filing systems.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply legal documentation, laws or legislation
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion