U.S. Attorney, Immigration Law
- Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC)
- Lawyer - Private Practice
- Area of Practice
- Immigration Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Achieve your full potential in an environment where there’s flexibility to cultivate your personal brand and knowledge base.
About PwC Law LLP
PwC Law LLP is a law firm affiliated with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in Canada that provides clients strategic guidance and support in all aspects of Canadian, U.S. and global immigration. PwC Law LLP is part of PwC’s global immigration network with over 800 people in 128 countries
The Opportunity: U.S. Attorney, Immigration Law
PwC Law LLP, a law firm affiliated with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, seeks an experienced U.S. Corporate Immigration Attorney to provide corporate immigration solutions to a diverse business clientele. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership, and career advancement.
Managing the provision of legal services for NIV and IV matters including H-1B, L-1, TN, E-1/2, J-1, O-1, B-1/2, PERM, immigrant petitions, consular processing as well as advising on compliance and related matters. Must demonstrate a solid understanding of U.S. corporate immigration law, compliance issues and audits, be able to effectively manage law clerks and other client service team members and undertake business development. Require JD and admission to any U.S. state bar and at least 3 years of post-call U.S. corporate immigration experience. General duties relating to US Immigration:
· Execute and perform interviews with clients (corporate and individual) regarding immigration issues and concerns;
· Maintain and obtain as much information needed concerning specific immigration matters, as requested;
· Review and assess documentation to determine applicants’ eligibility and identify any deficiencies;
· Render legal assistance to both immigrant (green card) and non-immigrant status and visas
· Prepare legal briefs and opinion;
· Manage law clerks and provide them with direction on files and review paralegals US immigrant and non-immigrant petitions
· Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of immigration law, including
o Creation, organization, and updating of precedents, legal templates, and intake questionnaires
o Preparing engagement letters and retainers;
o Oversee billing processes;
o Maintaining file organization in accordance with office and Law Society procedures and requirements.
Education, Professional Development & Work Experience:
· Law Degree
· US Bar
· Canadian Bar, an asset
· Over 3 year of business immigration experience, with a focus on B-1, H-1B, L-1, TN, immigrant petition and PERM filings
· Canadian Immigration experience, an asset
· Dependability & Independence - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, fulfilling obligations, and taking initiative
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential, including the ability to relate to people at all levels
· Ability to demonstrate analytical and complex problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment
· Exceptional client care
· Ability to multi-task, use initiative and to work well under pressure / to deadlines
· Team player
· The flexibility to work outside normal office hours may be required from time-to-time.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office, PC Law (an asset), and legal data management software (an asset)
Why Work for PwC
Our employees make an impact with their dedication to client service, creativity, and high performance. Whatever your passion is, be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.