EY has people in more than 150 countries and they are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
The immigration professionals within EY’s Global Immigration network, provide a range of business immigration legal services to multinational clients who require employees to work in locations where the employee requires work authorization from the local authorities. EY Law LLP’s immigration team focuses on assisting clients with Canadian and US immigration legal advice and compliance.
- Primary administrative support responsibilities center on assisting with data gathering activities:
- Sending out templated emails requesting information
- Receiving and sorting information from corporate clients and the individual employee
- Updating databases
- Chasing missing information
- Primary paralegal activities include:
- Consolidating information for attorney analysis
- Conducting preliminary data analysis for attorney review
- Applying attorney analysis to prepare initial drafts of application forms, support letters, and other application materials – based on templates and precedents
Minimum qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Minimum of an Ontario college diploma (or equivalent) in immigration studies, paralegal, legal administration, business, communications, public administration, or other related discipline
- No prior employment experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft PowerPoint or INSZoom an asset but not required
Other requirements and skills:
- Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail, with high administrative accuracy
- Analytical skills to consolidate disparate information and apply to a directed strategy and template
- Proven writing skills, including the ability to present information in a clear and organized manner
- Effectively manage multiple tasks, in large volume, in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing in a timely and professional manner
- Build knowledge of firm and client processes
- Develop understanding of basic immigration processing categories and requirements
- Attend and participate in weekly team and client meetings as scheduled
- Show initiative to identify issues and provide creative solutions and suggestions
- Support the engagement with process and operation initiatives through suggestions and feedback, and active participation in continuous improvement efforts
- Willingness to work occasional overtime hours to meet important deadlines
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.