The Legal Counsel - Contracts role will be a key player in the Sales Operations team. This position will own the sales contracts process from start to finish. Reporting to the SVP, Sales Operations, you will be working alongside the sales team to drive the contract review process including drafting and negotiation of contracts for new and existing clients.
- Ownership of the contracting process with global prospects and clients
- Legal review, drafting and negotiation of contracts for new and existing clients, including non-disclosure agreements, service agreements and amendments
- Contract related support for the Sales team throughout the sales process from Proposal to Closed Won stage, including Request for Proposals and Due Diligence Questionnaires, responding to legal related inquiries, drafting of special terms and conditions and general assistance with Order Forms
- Updating and revising Q4’s standard contracts, including the North American and European Master Client Agreements, Partner Agreements, Referral Agreements and Reseller Agreements
- Handling Billing and Accounts Receivable matters that have been escalated to Legal, including issues with client non-payment/delinquent fee payments, balance of contract disputes upon termination of contracts, and general contractual disputes with clients
- First point of contact for Operational legal requirements, such as review of lease agreements and service agreements for office spaces
- Review and negotiation of all vendor contracts across the global corporate organization and across all departments
- Advising business leaders on various corporate, commercial and contracting matters, and compliance with legislation
- Coordination with third party legal counsel on matters requiring specialized legal knowledge
Desired Skills, Education & Experience:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) from a recognized law school and admission to the relevant Bar
- 5+ years of relevant contracts management experience including drafting and negotiating agreements, experience in SaaS and M&A is a definite asset
- Experience with Salesforce is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication, drafting, and negotiation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent project and time management skills including experience owning the planning, developing, and maintaining of contract processes
- Risk analysis experience and appreciation of business considerations; comfortable making business and legal recommendations to members of our team
- Flexibility to work non traditional hours, especially at quarter and year end.
We work hard, and we have fun. Success is what motivates us everyday to be the best and keep winning in the market. We offer a variety of perks to ensure our team can always work hard and play hard:
- Unlimited paid time off. Enough said.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Competitive salary and health benefits.
- Employee Assistance Programs. We help you focus on your work life balance!
- Dog-friendly office. Hope you can handle cuteness overload!
- Food for thought. Complimentary tea, coffee and snacks!
- Themed socials. Karaoke, maybe a costume, Jäger or tequila?
- Tuition Reimbursements. We invest in your continued learning!!
- Hackathon events. For all who love to design and build.
- Collaborate with a fun bunch of bright, talented co-workers.
- Trendy, open concept offices in a hip part of town.
Q4’s diverse culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Q4 employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.