Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Legal and Regulatory team includes regulatory and government affairs, as well as legal teams with specialties supporting various areas of the organization.
Do you have 3+ years of litigation experience? Are you a superstar in the courtroom? Do you have eDiscovery experience? Do you want a challenging litigator’s career that also offers work-life balance? Are you interested in a move in-house but aren’t quite ready to hang up those barrister’s robes?
If your answer to those questions is “yes!” then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our in-house legal team.
Being at the forefront of strategy and execution, we are always in need of talented people who like to get things done. If you are looking for more than just another place to work, are getting frustrated with docketing your time, and are not afraid of challenges, we would like to hear from you.
Litigation Counsel will operate in a fast paced and dynamic work environment providing legal support to Bell Canada and its subsidiaries, across Canada, for all lines of business. Based either at our campus in Mississauga, or our campus in Montreal, this role will collaborate closely with other Bell team members in the Toronto, Montreal and Calgary regions. The successful candidate will provide general legal support to various parts of Bell's and its subsidiaries’ operations.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Consumer class actions
- Complex commercial litigation and arbitrations
- Litigation aspects of CRTC regulation of telecom and broadcasting
- Inter-carrier disputes
- Injunctions and Anton Piller proceedings
- Litigation relating to:
- advertising and marketing
- intellectual property, including software licensing and support
- content piracy, including direct-to-home satellite signal theft
- real estate, personal injury, property damage and defamation
- Supervision and support of Small Claims matters
- Other varied legal support functions as may arise in a large publicly traded telecommunications enterprise
- 3+ years litigation experience in private practice or as in-house litigation counsel
- Court room and eDiscovery experience - in particular, experience managing large document review projects
- The ability to work independently on multiple files and prioritize them effectively while meeting deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong team player who enjoys working with multidisciplinary business groups in a dynamic environment to resolve a broad range of legal issues
- Self-motivated, creative and results oriented
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner
- Fluent bilingualism
- Deep knowledge of Quebec Consumer Protection Act
- Experience litigating consumer class actions in Quebec and/or Ontario
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 12/07/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.