Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Accurate entry of new legal file data into a law office file management system.
Categorize and upload incoming correspondence and documents.
Ability to properly identify participants in a legal action and flag possible conflicts.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform data input of new incoming legal matters into proprietary document management system
- Open, maintain and organize legal files, including preparation and shipment of closed files
- Have a basic understanding of the legal file handling process and the administrative elements that contribute to successful file handling
- Receive, process and electronically scan incoming mail and faxes, in accordance to office procedures, and following naming conventions.
- Communicate orally and via e-mail with clients, outside legal professionals and co-workers. Respond to enquiries and requests for information in a timely and professional manner
- Deliver a high level of service to internal and external customers
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned to assist in the operation of a law office, such as photocopying, faxing, document scanning, collating and preparation of outgoing mail and packages
- Order, receive and maintain office supplies.
- Review, code and upload invoices for payment as appropriate
- Understand and utilize job-related software
- Maintains and continually improves general office skills for optimal production and organization
- Greet and direct visitors to appropriate personnel. Answer and route incoming telephone calls
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
High school degree or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
High School education or equivalent preferred. 4+ years of experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Moderate to advanced skill level required for software applications. Advanced database queries, complicated Excel spreadsheets (e.g. vlookup)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.