Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Legal Affairs, Operations
Position type: Salaried
- Draft and negotiate office, industrial and major/complex retail leases and ancillary documents;
- Mentor law clerks on negotiation and drafting of office, industrial and retail leases and ancillary documents;
- Review and provide legal support for matters relating to general day to day property management, tenant issues/disputes, lease interpretation, social media, security, municipal and planning, real estate taxes, finance, co-owner relationship/agreements and other related and emerging issues in commercial real estate
- Provide advice and consultation to various departments within the Company, including asset management, finance , operations, leasing, marketing, communications, insurance, IT, property services, development and construction and other departments;
- Review and negotiate various contracts and agreements in relation to property services, development and construction, communication, marketing, and IT;
- Manage external counsel and advise and assist internal departments in relation to litigation files (including bankruptcy/insolvency, construction, tenant disputes and other matters)
- Provide services and advice in relation to various other matters as required from time to time.
- Member in good standing of the Ontario Bar Association;
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of pertinent experience in a firm or company;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Skilled lawyer with strategic business acumen
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Self-directed, initiative and goal oriented;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Strong interest and passion in the commercial real estate industry
- French spoken and written an asset.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.