Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Legal Affairs, Operations
Position type: Salaried
The successful candidate will primarily provide administrative assistance to Paralegals and Legal Counsels within the Legal Affairs department, Operations. Key duties include the following:
- Write draft leases and related documents, based on data obtained from the management system and tenants’ proposal forms, under the supervision of a paralegal;
- Draft correspondence and agreements, as required;
- Draft letters, including formal notices;
- Process appropriate updates of agreements and/or legal documents;
- Perform required follow-ups with various corporate services, including Leasing and Construction;
- Review documents and also send them;
- Participate in record management system;
- Update document records and statistics (Excel);
- Answer telephone calls, file documents, distribute incoming mail and perform other administrative tasks as required.
- College diploma (DEC) in legal techniques or relevant academic qualifications and two years of experience;
- Interest in commercial leasing and legal documentation related to commercial leases an asset;
- Excellent computer skills (including Word and Excel, intermediate level);
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced work environment;
- Keen organizational skills;
- Solid communication skills (written and spoken);
- Interpersonal relations skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take the initiative;
- Strong customer service mindset; professional and meticulous;
- Must be a team player;
- Must be fluent in French and English (spoken and written).
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Similar searches: Legal Assistant