Executive Assistant/Administrator, Legal Dept.
Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
Our Corporate Legal team in our Corporate Cambridge division is currently looking for a bright, ambitious Executive Assistant/Administrator who enjoys team work and on-going challenging projects.
Provide a wide variety of responsible and highly confidential administrative support to the office of the VP, General Counsel and the Legal group. Perform duties and carry out projects that demand initiative, accuracy, independent thinking, attention to detail, tact, mature and sound judgment and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- VP, General Counsel: provide full administrative support with calendar management, meeting coordination, expenses preparation, travel arrangements and tasks as assigned.
- Board of Directors: all aspects of administration, including but not limited to: quarterly and adhoc meeting coordination, meeting material distribution, board portal management, quarterly compensation, expense payments, travel assistance, annual DSU calculations, annual survey, new & departing directors requirements, and regulatory filings.
- Corporate lawyer: assist with aspects of global entities management, corporate charts, inter-company and confidentiality agreements, bankruptcy proceedings, banking and year-end documents. Organize and maintain corporate minute books and documents for ATS and subsidiaries.
- General dept. administration: manage dept. mail, couriers, subscriptions, and communications. As Legal Travel Coordinator and Credit Card Administrator, responsible for overseeing dept. travel and expense reporting. Responsible for annual budget preparation, invoice processing, monthly accruals and G/L reconciliation.
- Litigation: tasks include setting quarterly litigation review meetings, updating litigation summary, annual audit letters process, liaising with auditors and processing SOP notifications.
- Securities: insider trading window communications quarterly analyst call preparation, treasury orders, share certificate legend removals, and regulatory filings.
- Event Management: Annual General Meeting planning and implementation, including all logistics and regulatory documentation preparation; annual global legal meeting (in person) and bimonthly legal dept. meetings (telephone) coordination.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: roles include managing Employee Confidentiality Acknowledgements process, due diligence data room coordinator, assisting with agreements and other legal documents review and circulation.
- Complete a range of independent projects on an ‘as needed’ basis, including Community Outreach draw and payments administration.
- Records Management: electronic and paper archive maintenance of M&A files, record books, minute books, contracts; maintain complete and organized electronic files
- Ensure all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct.
- Adhere to all company health and safety rules and procedures.
Education: A post secondary diploma or degree.
Minimum 5+ year’s related experience at an executive support level role. Experience in a law firm or legal department is an asset. Expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other commonly used software.
Individual must have the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within and outside of the organization, both orally and in writing. Ability to prioritize, accept accountability, problem solve, and work with minimal guidance in a team-oriented environment is mandatory. Individual must demonstrate initiative, be hands-on, detail-oriented, able to meet deadlines and to maintain the strict confidentiality critical to the role. Individual must also possess strong administrative administrative and organizational skills and have an aptitude for numbers.
Why join ATS?
- Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, every other Tuesday is “Treat Day”!
- Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
- Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
- Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
- Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
- Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
- And much more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
ATS Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process