This Downtown firm practices exclusively in Aboriginal Law and are in need of an experienced and driven LAA to be a part of their talented team.
WHY IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
• Join a firm that has been recognised by Best Lawyers
• Work in a strong and talented team in beautiful Downtown Vancouver.
• This firm is proud of the work they produce and recognise the hard work that their employees put in.
• Show off your professionalism and knowledge gained from experience as an LAA and make an impact with your work.
This boutique law firm is looking for an Senior LAA who wishes to pursue a career in Aboriginal Law. Ideally you have 5+ years of experience in Aboriginal Law however experience in litigation will also be well received.
Working with two senior lawyers, your responsibilities will include:
• Opening and closing files
• Scheduling appointments and meetings
• General file management, including maintenance of diary systems and calendars, filing correspondence and making travel arrangements
• Prepare and key in correspondence and legal documents
• Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage
• Other general administrative and legal support assistance as required
This successful firm practices in Aboriginal Law and represents its clients in litigation, negotiations and corporate commercial matters.
Having built a successful reputation within their field, the firm has been recognised by Best Lawyers and Lexpert Ranked Lawyer. The firm have years of experience among their staff and utilise numerous avenues to ensure they provide their clients with a supportive and strong experience.
Located in a modern office in Downtown, the firm are passionate about their work and aim to provide successful a outcome in an efficient manner and cost effective manner.
• Legal Administrative/Paralegal Certificate
• 5+ years of experience (ideally in Aboriginal, however litigation is also well received)
• Accurate typing speed of approximately 60 words per minute
• Experience with dictation
• Willingness to learn and an attitude that embraces the procedures of the firm
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, research tools
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• $42,000 - $45,000 base per annum
• Dental; Extended Medical;
• Possibility for O/T to be paid or banked
• Tuition - Up to $500 for relevant courses as approved
• Opportunity to carry over unused sick days (to a maximum of 12 days a year)
• 2 weeks holiday
HOW TO APPLY
You’ve read this far which means you’re passionate about your career so let’s chat further. Send a Microsoft Word version of your resume, quoting job #26695 in the subject, to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role or any other potential roles, please contact Jennifer Vessali at 604-689-8687 ext. 254.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.