This position will report to the General Counsel, Americas and Chief Compliance Officer, Canada at Russell Investments and will be responsible for administrative and regulatory tasks within the Legal & Compliance Department.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
Works under general supervision to follow and enhance specific processes and procedures in order to maximize efficiencies of the Legal & Compliance Department. Assists in the preparation, review, editing and control of board documentation, corporate and mutual fund related filings, managing mail, calendar and travel arrangements, catering, preparing expense reimbursements, invoices among other things. Ensures the correct functioning of facilities, office and business support services. Typical tasks will include administering programs, projects and/or processes specific to the Legal & Compliance team. Acts as a resource for all members of a team of 3 and partners and collaborates with applicable departments and other administrative staff to support division and/or departmental initiatives, meetings, or projects.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- 5+ years of related experience
- College or University degree and basic knowledge of the financial services industry
- Strong organizational and project coordination skills with the ability and experience to handle and prioritize multiple assignments and conflicting deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure and tight deadlines, with attention to detail, and the ability to handle conflict and negotiate resolution
- Proficiency with windows-based software (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Outlook is required
- Ability to work in a team-based environment in a positive, respectful and collegial manner
- Be self-motivated, show initiative and creativity in all aspects of work (e.g. creating new methods to streamline tasks)
- Work independently with little supervision and knows when to ask for guidance, clarification, assistance;
- Possess a high level of professionalism, respect, confidentiality, discretion and judgment
- Positive employment references
- Positive attitude is a must
Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisors and individuals working with their advisors in more than 40 countries.
Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is one of only a few firms that offers actively managed multi-asset portfolios and services that include advice, investments and implementation. With core capabilities extending across capital market insights, manager research, asset allocation, portfolio implementation and factor exposures Russell Investments stands with clients to achieve their desired investment outcomes.
A pioneer, Russell Investments began its strategic pension fund consulting business in 1969 and today is a consultant to some of the largest pools of capital in the world. With four decades of experience researching and selecting investment managers, meeting annually with more than 2,200 managers around the world, Russell Investments is well-known worldwide for its investment advice.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Russell Investments operates globally with 21 offices (as of August 2016) across the world, providing Investment Services in the world’s major financial centers, including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai, San Diego and New York.
Russell Investments offers a competitive compensation and benefit package to associates including: medical, vision and dental coverage; a profit-sharing retirement plan; sabbatical leave every 10 years; and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell Investments offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Russell Investments supports workforce diversity.
Similar searches: Legal Assistant