Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales provides world-leading Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) and interlocking for mass rail transit applications globally. The Centre of Competence for Urban Rail Signalling is located right before you at mid-town Toronto. As the largest office in Canada, we house a department for every step of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)! This includes Software, Hardware, Systems Design, Verification & Validation, Operations, etc. The supporting corporate shared services teams in Finance, Human Resources and IT is also located at the office. Our office space was designed to provide a sustainable, healthy workplace that expresses TRSS’s brand while increasing collaboration. Features include Greenguard furniture, EnergyStar appliances, low-emitting adhesives, sealants, and sliding glass doors on internal offices provide daylight and views to the outside. Come join the big Transport family, here in Toronto!
Join Thales in Toronto as a Contracts Manager and play a key role in global signalling and transportation projects which keep cities and people moving.
The Contracts Manager ensures that proper contract administration procedures are implemented, administered and maintained in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and the specific project requirements.The successful candidate will Provide support to Project Managers, Project Directors, Commercial Directors, Legal Counsel/Contracts Director and other corporate departments in all areas of contracts administration, claims, risk and para-legal matters relating to active projects and bid proposals.
· Identify, prepare and monitor all contract change proposals, requests for quotations (RFQs), change orders, claims notices, liquidated damages assessments, including the assembly and research of all necessary backup documentation, in accordance with Contract requirements and obligations.
· Monitor contract compliance by Thales and the customer (e.g. schedule delays, out-of-scope work) and prepare appropriate contractual actions.
· Initiate, expedite and ensure timely responses to correspondences and completion of documentation and estimates by the project team, Senior Management Board and internal departments, as required.
· Assist Project Management in all activities relating to commercial matters, including but not limited to, internal RFQ processes, providing contract clarification, interpretation to support Thales’ business goals and timely generation of correspondence and weekly/monthly reports under the supervision of legal Counsel or Contracts Director.
· Represent the Contracts Department in status review meetings with Customers and internal project review and operation presentations.
· Represent the Contracts Department and support project Management and Marketing commercial/contractual negotiation matters with the Customer as assigned by Project’s Director and Legal Counsel.
· Identify and notify immediately of any contractual risk issues or exposure that arise. Participate in implementation of mitigation plan.
· Liaise with company’s offices and directors, finance, legal and other corporate departments, as well as external legal and banking institutions as required as assigned by Legal Counsel.
· Responsible for administration of contractual insurance, bonding, warranty, escrow and other contract requirements (e.g. Buy America, DBE, etc).
· Conducts research and obtains backup documentation with respect to controversial issues; potential disputes, and makes recommendations thereon.
· Travels to Customer’s facilities as required to represent Contracts in discussion of commercial / contractual issues.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-10 years’ experience administering / negotiating / managing contracts, both client and supplier, in an international environment
- Graduated in law and/or have significant experience in Contract management
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to deal professionally with difficult individuals and problematic situations.
- Excellent written skills, to ensure a proper level of professionalism with respect to correspondence to clients
- Self-motivated individual capable of working independently with minimal supervision, who is also a team player.
- Strong organizational ability and problem solving capability.
- Ability to understand requirements and company policies particularly pertaining to contracts, insurance, bonding and risk management.
- Must be fluent in English. Fluency in other languages will be an asset.
- Engineering background is beneficial
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!