Legal / Contracts Administrator
JLR’s Ottawa office is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Legal / Contracts Administrator who is strategic and can add value to the contract negotiation and management process. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role combined with superior organization, attention to detail, and administrative skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a member of our Corporate Services team, the Legal / Contracts Administrator will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and interpreting all client and vendor agreements related to engineering, architecture, and planning projects including non-disclosure agreements and joint venture agreements, by providing insights and expertise on contract language, terms and conditions, implementation processes, and risk;
- Overseeing all legal contracts and agreements within JLR, including those related to procurement and company leases, by actively engaging with appropriate stakeholders to assess contracts, and follow up on implementation to ensure accurate execution;
- Making recommendations, amendments, and edits to contracts based on legal requirements and needs of all stakeholders and advise all parties on contract adherence and compliance expectations;
- Reviewing Requests for Proposals and other bid documents and ensuring that the agreements arising from such documents reflect the negotiated terms and conditions;
- Working with various project managers, management, and relevant stakeholders to ensure all requirements and needs are articulated in contracts as well as providing guidance and advice specific to contract terms;
- Taking necessary action or coordinating action to resolve any contractual problems with the appropriate parties in a timely manner;
- Tracking all stages of the contract lifecycle, ensuring deadlines and renewals are followed-up on and implemented, assuring the timely communication of contract information with management and other stakeholders, and maintaining complete and accurate files;
- Identifying areas of improvement and recommending / implementing changes to improve contracts and the contract process as well as creating and establishing standard tools, processes, and documents for business contracts and the contract cycle;
- Providing simple legal drafting and ensuring compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies by analyzing contract requirements, special provisions, and terms and conditions;
- Assisting with drafting, updating, and enforcing shareholder’s documents and agreements;
- Overseeing the company’s licensing through various regulatory bodies and ensuring JLR adheres to prescribed professional liability insurance regulations;
- Liaising with external legal counsel, as needed, on all legal matters pertaining to JLR; and
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Law clerk or paralegal diploma (or equivalent);
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience working as a paralegal, law clerk, or legal administrator with exposure to both corporate law and litigation;
- Experience drafting, interpreting, analyzing, and editing corporate contracts and other agreements for mid – large scale companies;
- Strong technical skills with advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook;
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, and tact in dealing with confidential information;
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills with an ability to explain complex legal documents to a wide range of people across the business; and
- Critical thinking with an ability to think beyond the contract at hand and foresee the implications and growth potential in the value of the business opportunity or need.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Health / dental benefits offered immediately;
- RRSP / DPSP program offered immediately;
- Merit-and-profit bonus program for all employees;
- 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged;
- Stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Friendly, welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration;
- Flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path;
- Interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type;
- Corporate philosophy that encourages growth and development along with an “open-door” policy where communication is encouraged; and
- Extracurricular social events (annual “prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer bbq’s, and much more).
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.