Senior Compliance Officer
- Great West Life
- Toronto, London
- Lawyer - Other, Paralegal
- Area of Practice
- Compliance, Banking & Finance, Financial Services
- Minimum Level of Education
- University degree
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
This role acts as the second line of defence with respect to compliance oversight by providing independent monitoring, review, testing and validation of compliance related controls. By doing so, facilitate an independent and objective view of compliance activities within the organization to provide a basis for the Chief Compliance Office to provide an informed opinion about the state of compliance.
This role works closely with business leaders to ensure compliance practices, processes and policies are followed and to report on their effectiveness.
- Build out the Quality Assurance (QA) program to meet legislative and regulatory requirements for the Global Compliance Team
- Initiate, plan and complete in-depth QA activities and provide reporting and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Support global initiatives including: embedding the Global Regulatory Compliance (“GRC”) Management framework in the organization, leading the annual risk assessments with Chief Compliance Officers and documenting calibration results across all regions.
- Partner with jurisdictional compliance teams in the development and execution of a global training program for Compliance employees across the Enterprise
- Build reporting tools including the development of performance metrics.
- Responsible for continuous improvement opportunities for QA, assessment process and training.
- Build knowledge and understanding of the businesses and corresponding market sectors to insure effectiveness of GWL's compliance program.
- Assist with special projects as required.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelors degree in a related field, those with relevant supplemental education or designations will be given preference.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a compliance related role.
- Experience leading projects including development of communication, change management and training plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated through report writing and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative partnerships
- Innovative with the ability to adapt to a fluid work environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to handle conflicting priorities and fluctuating workloads
- Proven negotiating, problem-solving, time management and decision-making skills
- Strong technology skills.
- Data analytics education or experience would be an asset.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.