Legal Counsel - Litigation
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Collaborate with internal clients of the Bombardier Business Aircraft division in the resolution of various contentious or potentially contentious matters by investigating issues, analyzing facts, providing guidance, drafting letters or agreements, and negotiating with various stakeholders in order to prevent lawsuits or develop strategies in anticipation of litigation;
- Handle Bombardier’s obligations as part of the discovery (including “e-discovery”) phase of complex litigation matters worldwide, including Bombardier Business Aircraft employees witness preparation;
- Supervise outside counsels’ work, develop effective strategies with them and take part in the various phases of litigation (motions, depositions, trials);
- Attend depositions, trials and mediations when needed;
- Report to the Bombardier Business Aircraft division management team on the progress and strategy of litigation matters;
- In general, play a crucial role in providing guidance and training to internal clients in order to prevent litigation or to learn from previous lawsuits.
As our ideal candidate,
- You are a practicing member of a Canadian province or US state bar, including preferably the Quebec Bar. Having earned a degree in both civil and common law is an asset;
- You have between 4 to 7 years of relevant expertise in litigation, most of which at a renowned law firm;
- You show leadership skills, a strong level of autonomy and excellent judicial instincts both in a litigious or business context in order to have the required confidence to make difficult and strategic decisions. You will show a capacity to challenge or rethink strategies presented by outside counsels;
- You are comfortable to evolve in a highly technical environment in which engineering/aerospace concepts are frequently discussed;
- You easily manage a busy schedule and are open to travel for business around the world, sometimes on short notice;
- You are an excellent communicator, a strong negotiator and drafter and have a superior persuasion capacity;
- You have an interest in new technologies and able to work in a constantly evolving environment;
- You are perfectly bilingual (French, English) both orally and in writing.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.