Law Clerk II
- TD Bank
- Law Clerk, Paralegal
- Area of Practice
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- College diploma
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
· Assist with the creation and delivery of business, enterprise and board level reports relating to litigation.
· Provide wide range of support to litigation team or individual counsel.
· Resolve, under supervision of counsel, a wide range of legal issues incidental to management of litigation matters.
· Assist in the creation and maintenance of discovery indexes, organize case files, review and analyze documents for production and coordination with eDiscovery support.
· Participate in the retrieval and/or preparation of information, witnesses and legal documents for internal and external counsel.
· Create/develop forms/tools and templates.
· Use software programs and other departmental tools or equipment with ease, efficiency and provide appropriate documents/information that legal counsel team members require.
· Handle various administrative and special project duties as required.
· Resolve, under supervision of counsel, routine legal issues and research and analyze law sources such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles and regulatory codes.
· May appear for the Bank in routine or small claim legal proceedings
· At least three years previous litigation experience gained in a law firm or financial institution is required.
· This position requires you to be detail oriented, well organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Advanced computer literacy (MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, legal research tools, data mining on a variety of internal and external systems, familiarity with e-Discovery process, procedure and tools a plus.)
· The successful candidate will be responsible for dealing with confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
· You must be able to work independently, with limited supervision and cooperatively with other staff members and have the flexibility to take on tasks assigned to meet Department needs.
· Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage workflow of a large and diverse portfolio of litigation and administrative tasks to ensure quality and efficiency, meet deadlines and be flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities.
· You must be an enthusiastic team player continually striving for service excellence
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.