Senior Specialist, Business and Legal Affairs
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Legal and Regulatory team includes regulatory and government affairs, as well as legal teams with specialties supporting various areas of the organization.
Bell Canada’s law department has an immediate opening in the Toronto area for a paralegal or senior law clerk with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and eDiscovery experience.
As a legal support specialist, you will be responsible to assist in a wide variety of law clerk and/or paralegal duties, including managing small claims court actions, general litigation support, ediscovery for litigation and regulatory proceedings, and general preparation of legal correspondence, court and hearing materials.
General day-to-day duties & responsibilities will include:
- Assist with drafting of correspondence, pleadings, motions, pre-trial conference memos and mediation briefs
- Assist with preparation of affidavit of documents and preparation for examinations for discovery
- Collect, summarize and analyze evidence
- Draft cost outlines and bills of costs
- Attend settlement conferences and trials
- Additional administrative duties as needed to support the legal team
Additional eDiscovery duties & responsibilities will include:
- Develop recommendations, plans, cost estimates, budgets, procedures, and specifications for case-specific projects from discovery to trial phase
- Communicate with the legal team to determine how best to prepare for upcoming deadlines
- Communicate with corporate security, outside counsel and potentially opposing counsel on timelines
- Scan, code and process documents
- College Diploma and/or Law Clerk diploma
- Relevant career experience working in a law firm or legal department
- Conversant with the Rules of Civil Procedure with a solid knowledge of court and tribunal procedures and documents
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Very strong written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Knowledge of eDiscovery software
Similar searches: Law Clerk